While exploring web I found a very common question related to Skype and that is How to clear chat history in Skype for Mac OS X. This can be done by doing a few clicks on your Mac, but users who are not much familiar with Mac might find it bit difficult to do. So in this article I’m going to share with you a way to clear history in Skype. But before, lets we have a little knowledge about Skype.
Skype is amazing software or application using which you can make internet calls for free, guess what you have to do is sign up today and discover a whole new world of staying in touch. I already have article on How making free video calls on Android Smartphone. If you are deleting chat history in Skype this means removes your entire history, which includes:
Sent and received files
So lets we starts with our tutorial on which this whole article is based, To delete your chat history
1. The first thing you need to do is Sign in to Skype.
2. After that, In the menu bar, click Skype, Preferences and then select the Privacy panel.
3. Click Delete All Chat history. This may take a few minutes to delete and you are done
You also have the option called Save chat history using which you can indicate how long you would like to save your history. In this area you can, select from: 1 Month, 3 Months, 1 Year or Never. Also if you want to delete the conversation in Skype you can follow below steps.
1. You need to do is right-click the conversation and select Delete Conversation.
2. After that in the pop-up window, click Delete, and it’s done.
But our tutorial not finished yet, you also have the option to remove all recent conversations from the sidebar in Skype for that follow below steps
1. First of all, In the main menu, go to Conversations and Clear Recent.
2. Now you will get a message box appears asking Clear all recent conversations?
3. And now click Clear Recent. All your recent conversations are removed from the sidebar.
I’m sure that after reading his tutorial you don’t have any doubt left regarding deleting chat history for Mac OS X. But if you still got any query, don’t hesitate to share with me.