Easiest Way to Root Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 [Official Method]
If you are a proud owner of a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and want to attain privileged control of your Android Mobile. Then this article is surely your cup of tea.
Sony Ericsson is one of the Top mobile brands that exist. In 2004 – 05, if someone is planning to buy a Mobile phone with greatest possible features like attractive design, excellent camera and the great music playing device then obviously they are forced to choose Sony Ericsson mobiles. It was during 2005 – 2008, I don’t hesitate to say that Sony occupied decent share in the mobile market along with Nokia and Motorola.
Later the Smart Phones came into existence. Apple, Samsung, HTC, established themselves as top brands and gradually, Nokia along with Sony Ericsson lost their impact and prominence in the market. The Mobile networks like Vodafone, At&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc., attracted customers to purchase their Smartphone ahead of the normal Mobile Phones of Sony and Nokia. They’ve created hype for these devices and provided extensive publicity for these devices and explored about their features and many more.
Later in 2010 – 2011, both these mobile brands Nokia and Sony, kicked their old ideas and entered into the Smartphone market with their trust and reliability as their primary investment. In 2011, Sony released Xperia series mobiles which helped them to recover from the losses between 2009 to 2011. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is one among the best Xperia family devices that holds a decent market share. In this post, we are going to discuss about how to root Xperia X10 device.
Before we start this rooting process let we have looked at what is rooting, its advantages and disadvantages of this root on your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.
What is Rooting?
For starters, in simple terms, it is a process by which OS on your web device gets modified in a way that you get total control and access over it. You can extend the functionality of your model, and upgrade or degrade if you want. You can also check some of the benefits of rooting.
- Custom ROM’s available that can make your Android device look and perform drastically differently.
- You can also enjoy the latest version of Android on your Smartphone which you won’t get officially.
- You are SuperUser of your Android Smartphone, means you have full rights to do anything.
- Ability to fully customize just about every graphic on your device.
- Improve the performance (speed) and also extend battery life on your device
And more for sure
- You need to be aware that there is a real risk of bricking your device.
- You will possibly void the warranty on your device by increasing the flash counter
Disclaimer : “If you are rooting you are rooting your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 using this guide then you are responsible for anything you do to your device.”
Learn how to root your Xperia X10 using a simpler method explained here.
Root Your Xperia X10 in One Click
Haven’t you rooted your Xperia X10 due to the perceived complexity involved in the model? The recently announced root method works perfectly for X10 and X10 mini pro handsets.
- If you’re ready to root your model, read the following steps carefully as it’ll void your X10’s warranty.
- Windows users should have .net framework 2.0V, while Mac and Linux users need to install Mono.
- Download Universal-and-Root apk and extract it on your PC.
- Follow the instruction to edit DeviceID in the registry (you just have to give a second look at the zip file you downloaded).
- Once you’re done with editing, connect X10 to the desktop and execute the first step that will actually flash your handset to R1EA018 –O1B Firmware.
- The next step is to switch off your phone, and take out the battery for couples of seconds and then reboot your X10. After it reaches the operational state, activate USB-debugging.
- You should have a rooted handset, and once everything is installed properly, click the root button.
- You can always revert back if you don’t want to root X10 clicking the unroot button.
It has a huge advantage, and you can use root-only apps such as Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether and Titanium Backup that turns Xperia X10 into a wireless hotspot.