5 Reasons To Stop Selfies
I don’t think there is any way to stop selfies. That train left the station long ago and the momentum is tremendous at this point. Human beings have always loved looking at themselves, thus the creation of mirrors. We have always flipped quickly through a photo album in order to get to the most important pictures, those with us in them. Now that we can take hundreds of photos of ourselves in just a few minutes with different filters, backgrounds, and broadcast those shots to the world, we have created this selfie centered world.
Even though selfies can’t be stopped, maybe, just maybe they can be contained. Here are five reasons you should stop taking so many selfies.
- Less is more. It would be better to post 10 great pics of yourself a month than 50. This especially applies to ladies. Guys get tired of seeing even the most beautiful super models and want to see new ones regularly. So you can make guys tired of looking at you if you are plastered all over Instagram all the time.
- Think of all the time you have spent taking selfies and then editing them to post online. In that time you could have learned part of a new language, got some homework done, and maybe even cleaned up your living space. I know those are crazy thoughts compared to snapping pics of yourself ten times a day.
- Self absorption is not a good look and the more you are seen holding that iPhone up awkwardly the more people around you see your vanity shining through. Take some time to notice things other than yourself. This world is pretty interesting outside the reach of your outstretched arm.
- You look like an idiot taking pictures of yourself sitting in drive thrus, bus stops, and other places where you are just killing time. Folks are noticing you alright, but for all the wrong reasons.
- All your friends and family know what you look like. So there’s no need to send them more pictures of things they have seen millions of times. It is like sending someone a photo of Niagara Falls when they already drive past it daily. It’s impressive, but they’ve seen the show.