It is customary to always think of new things to do: such as better, empowering, growing, and perfecting. All these are necessary even when it comes to optimizing a website. A periodic SEO audit is imperative to ensure that a website meets all the requirements for high visibility. Checking your site provides the optimization guidance needed to achieve sustainable SERP success and increase your site traffic.
Here is why is it important to perform an SEO audit. But before that, let’s have a look at what SEO audit is.
What is SEO Audit?
The SEO Audit analyses any type of digital property’s health; this can be an app or a website. It is a detailed technical check that every website and eCommerce should increase its visibility on search engines.
It allows a detailed diagnosis of a site by detecting every element considered important for search engines. That ranges from the most detailed technical aspects to the structure of the contents through a series of on-site and off-site checks.
Usually, SEO Auditing is provided as an SEO audit service. It has the purpose of analyzing a website and creating real awareness of its state of health. In addition, the SEO analysis allows you to identify those margins for improvement and corrective actions to be taken.
During this evaluation activity, criticalities may emerge. With them, the need to make changes or new implementations may arise due to technical configuration errors.
Why Is It Important To Perform An SEO Audit?
The technical SEO analysis of your site can help you find answers to the following questions:
- What is the current health status of my site?
- Why is my site not performing as well as I would like?
- Could it perform better? And how?
- What are the right actions to take?
The desirable advantages resulting from the resolution of the problems highlighted by the SEO Audit are:
- An improvement of the website structure;
- An increase in quality organic traffic;
- An increase in the experience and time spent on the pages by the user;
- An increase in conversions;
- An increase in notoriety and Brand Awareness.
When to Do an SEO Audit?
The SEO Audit is periodically recommended to all online business activities that wish to identify improvement margins. It helps to solve problems of a strategic and technical nature on their site.
It is particularly suitable for those websites under development and not yet published. A preventive technical audit would reduce future interventions in the resolution of critical issues. And it would immediately facilitate an excellent organic positioning in the SERP.
In any case, it is still recommended to do an SEO technical analysis in these circumstances:
- When you launch a new project online and want to get off to a good start from an SEO perspective.
- Following a site restyling.
- When you have a website that has been published for years and from which you are not getting the desired results.
- When search engine algorithm updates are released.
- When technological innovations or changes in user behaviour on search engines take over.
- If the website suffers unexpected and sudden drops in traffic.
How Long Does A SEO Audit Take?
It would be useless to say that “an SEO audit takes X hours.” After all, no two websites are alike, and the individual requirements, both technical and content-related, are different. In addition, depending on the size of your website, the type of tools you use, and your experience, the time it takes to complete an SEO audit varies.
If you only need to check individual aspects of a new URL, the audit can be done in minutes. But if you need to review a large site design with several thousand sub-pages, an SEO audit can take several days.
Optimizing a website is a complex job that takes time: to deal with the errors to be solved and verify the effect produced by the changes made. Unfortunately, many do not believe they have time, but which is the best investment that can be made. So, why is it essential to perform an SEO audit: to be visible, incisive, and thriving on the web.