Personal patient devices are meant to make patient interaction easy, real-time, and fast. Admission to a hospital is itself a stressful matter for a patient especially when they are habituated to socialize or having constant interactions with the outer world. You may be admitted to the hospital but it does not mean that all your relationships with the outer world come to an end. While being admitted to the hospital you can get access to computers, smartphones, and other smart devices that can open several opportunities for the person who is recovering from a certain disease. But before you mount a personal device near the patient make sure that it does not cause disturbance to the other patient and can maximize space efficiency, patient engagement, and as a means of good work for the clinical staff. In this article, we have come up with some efficient ways to mount a personal patient device as well as a medical cart in a hospital.
How to mount a personal patient display device in the hospital efficiently?
The following are some efficient ways to mount personal patient display device in hospital:
- Headwall Mounts: You can place an arm-mounted system at the headwall or sidewall. This type of setup will be suitable for the patient, staff, and visitors. With this position, the patient will be able to view while lying in a bed or chair without the requirement of much assistance.
- Counter mount: This type of mount offers a private viewing experience and it is almost similar to a headwall mount except it is placed on a counter. This kind of mount will provide a seamless aesthetic look but it is placed on a counter. Placing the medicine in this position will help the patient to avoid neck pain.
- Right Angle Mount: There may be a situation where you will not be able to place your mount on the top of your counter or in the place where you need it. In such a case, the right angle mount can solve your problem. Hence it is a versatile mount for those areas that are tricky to work with.
- Hi-Tilt Ceiling mount: Many critical patients are immobilized and need to lie flat on their back. The hi-tilt ceiling mount is very suitable for such patients as it can provide entertainment, information as well as a distraction for satisfying them. With the help of this type of mount, you can also place a TV directly above a patient. This type of ceiling mount is specially made for immobile patients.
- Extended reach ceiling mount: If the hospital where the patient is admitted has a tall ceiling then you have an option to go with a 48-inch extended reach ceiling mount. This type of design consists of a large radius of motion since it comes up with two arm sections. This type of mount is also suitable for elevated ceilings.
- Horizontal Wall Mount: This type of mount is suitable for the older building where the ceiling height is restricted. This mount comes up with no upward arm motion on the rigid upper arm extension. If you observe that the arm system requires to be mounted in a high place but you cannot place your mount on the ceiling then this type of mount will be the best choice.
There are innumerable other personal devices in use today. In recent times, the use of personal devices has increased tremendously just to keep patients at ease and also for the betterment of the patient communication process. It’s the responsibility of healthcare service providers and patients to make use of a personal patient device for the benefit of all stakeholders.