Roulette is one of the most popular casino games, both online and at land-based casinos. The origins of the game date back to 18th century France and mathematician Blaise Pascal.
The name ‘roulette’ actually translates to ‘Little wheel’ in French. Its popularity has been aided by how quick and easy it is to play. A single bet and spin of the wheel can be made in the space of a minute for example, whilst deciding where to place your chips does not require any skill or tactics.
Here’s a look at some of the reasons you may want to play roulette or avoid it:
1. Compared to other popular casino games such as Poker and Slot Machines, Roulette is very easy to understand and play. And the strategies you may employ are a lot easier to learn than playing a hand of Blackjack for example.
The game has a simple set up, rules and gameplay. All that is required to play is the roulette wheel, the ball, and the betting mat. The European version of the game has 37 outcomes (numbered 1-36 and a zero), whilst its American counterpart has 38 (numbered 1-36, a zero and a double zero).
To play, simply wager on the board until the dealer announced “no more bets” shortly after spinning both the wheel and the ball. Whichever slot the ball lands in determines the outcome of the bets.
2. There are multiple betting options. This casino table game gives you a lot of freedom over the board. You can place chips in exact numbers, the color of the slot that the ball lands in, whether the winning number is odd or even, and combinations of numbers.
3. The odds are high. Whilst the inside bets are difficult to win, they pay out at 35/1, making this one of the highest-paying casino games.
4. Available 24/7. Roulette is one of the more popular online casino games and because online bookmakers are open 24 hours a day it means you can play for free or real money whenever you like. And with a good WiFi connection, you can also play from wherever you want. For example, you can play roulette at whatever time you like and any day of the week over at betfair.
1. Roulette can be addictive. Because of the simplicity of the game and the high odds that are available that come with the thrill of playing Roulette, you can find yourself playing the game for hours at a time.
2. The game is random. There really is no skill to roulette. Of all the characteristics of the game, at the end of the day, you are completely reliant on chance. Many people claim to have a winning system to roulette and other casino games, but if these were as successful as they claim we’d all be millionaires by now and casinos would be out of business. Fact is, a normal unbiased roulette wheel is 100% random and no single calculation can predict where the ball is going to land next.