The logo of a mobile application is one of the main elements that can contribute to the popularity and success of a mobile application. Many users initially pay attention to the logo and only then become familiar with the mobile application and its functionality.
At the same time, the application logo should also look great on the gadget’s desktop and compare favorably with other mobile applications so that the user regularly visits it.
Design a logo for the app in the online logo maker Turbologo.
What is a logo
The logo is a picture (picture, icon, text designation) that users associate with a certain brand (in this case, with a mobile application). It is an important part of any business, while the logo performs quite a lot of tasks, which can include:
– Advertising (promotion and awareness of the brand and its mobile applications),
– Protective (protects users from fakes that can negatively affect the attitude to the brand),
At the same time, the logo of the mobile application can be placed on various sites, which will increase the recognition of the application and interest in it among many users.
Stages of creating a logo for an application
Logos by Eddie Lobanovskiy
Initially, it is necessary to find an idea that will display the unique capabilities of the application or allow it to differ favorably from other applications that have similar functionality. At the same time, the logo must not infringe copyright (as this may lead to large expenses in the future), and it must also comply with the official rules of Google Play and the APP Store so that it can appear in these stores.
When creating a logo for mobile applications, you need to pay attention to the following:
The mobile app icon is reflected in the submenu (a smaller version of the logo), on the main page of stores, as well as directly on the desktop of the mobile gadget. The logo should be perfectly readable in all variants, while it should not strain the eyes of users and cause them discomfort.
The various elements of the logo should be recognizable and memorable. At the same time, it is necessary to take into account that the application will be used by users from all over the world, which is why it is necessary to exclude various controversial elements that users of certain countries or regions may not like.
The logo of the mobile application should be different from the logos of competitors, while it should be the first to attract the attention of consumers so that they initially get acquainted with the necessary application. To do this, the logo of the mobile application must match the current trends.
In order to make a truly unique logo, it is necessary:
– Get acquainted with the logos and icons of other mobile applications and choose the most interesting and popular options. It is necessary to change and improve them, and not copy the best options.
– Find new color variations that will look good against the background of other logos and icons. To do this, you may need to develop many options until the perfect logo is made (it is best to use logo designers, which will allow you to make many different options in a short time).
– When creating a logo or an icon of a mobile application, you can use a recognizable brand element, which at the initial stage will significantly increase the popularity of the mobile application.
4) Moderate number of characters
In most cases, brands have a rather large name, which is problematic to place on the icons of a mobile application. Various major brands recognize only 1-2 letters, while in some variants you can completely abandon words and even letters. The use of text in the logo of a mobile application often indicates that not all graphic features are used.
In cases where the brand name is short, you can make it the main element of the logo or icon of the mobile application.
5) Compliance of the logo and the functionality of the application
A good icon for an application should express the concept of the program, create a holistic image of the product, complement the design, idea and functionality. At the same time, he will:
– Match the color and style of the app,
– Demonstrate what this program is used for and its main advantages,
– Perfectly visible, both in the light and dark theme of stores, as well as on a different background of the gadget’s desktop.
The logo of a mobile application is one of the main elements of the success of a mobile application. The more users pay attention to it, the more people will be able to appreciate all its functionality and advantages. In the future, they will recommend it to their friends and it is thanks to this that its popularity will grow, which will contribute to the development of the brand and profit growth.