I’ve always said that Youtube has enough content to entertain a person for the entirety of their life. The endless categories and variety of people behind the cameras are amazing. This year had another bazillion or so uploads. Here are the ten most popular Youtube videos of 2014.
- Ten Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman – I’m clearly not a woman, but I can see how New York streets would not be a fun place to walk around. That said, many of the comments were just hellos and not harassment.
- Goku vs Superman. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 3 – There is a lot creepy about this rap battle, but it is just good or bad enough to keep you watching. Some valid points are made by Goku that make me question why I keep watching Superman remakes.
- Devil Baby Attack – The cruelty of the creators of this video is something to be admired in a sick way. The non-reaction of the street sweeper is the best. That is a guy you want with you in an emergency, as he has ice water in his veins.
- Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial “Puppy Love” – A Super Bowl commercial should be in the top ten of most popular Youtube videos of 2014. I’m glad this is the one that made it. Dogs and horses are the best of the animal world. Probably better than us humans.
- Bars & Melody – Simon Cowell’s Golden Buzzer act | Britain’s Got Talent 2014 – Words can’t describe the performance these two British kids put out there for the world to enjoy. Goosebumps SON!
- iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test – Unbox Therapy does some nice tech device reviews on camera. Lewis Hilsenteger is a cool guy that I recommend subscribing to on Youtube. This little test on the iPhone 6 Plus shows that bending of the newest giant phone is a possibility.
- The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia – #TEAMJ-AX – What do you get when you combine a singing nun, a typical talent reality show, and a crew of judges that resemble a carnival freak show? Eight minutes of great video and a terrific performance by an unlikely star. I’m no reality show fan, but this video was a nice surprise.
- First Kiss – This is a cool little black and white short film about strangers kissing for the first time. A simple act is shown to be very powerful and the body language of the participants could tell a story that spans a couple hours.
- Nike Football: Winner Stays – Nike did a great job on this soccer commercial that turns playground soccer kids into the international super stars known all over the world. Nike knows how to inspire in order to sell shoes.
- Mutant Giant Spider Dog – This wacky video is worthy of the number one spot. I didn’t dig in to see if the reaction of the “victims” was real or not. That was irrelevant since the idea was awesome and made me laugh out loud.