The NFL is a top notch organization. Sure, they don’t do everything the right way. I could point to the domestic abuse debacle or the concussion issues to see how they have fallen short. But as for delivering a great product to the customer base, they are on the money in general.
The NFL’s TV coverage has come a long way since I was a kid. There were just a couple of games available on Sunday then a Monday Night Football game if I was able to stay up to watch. Today’s coverage is 100 times better than back in the day. That being said, I can see a few ways that the NFL could enhance the TV coverage. Here are my top five NFL TV enhancements.
- Live in game audio from the players would be awesome. I know this would be a premium service, but I would enjoy hearing sideline chatter and the trash talking as the game went on. Opponents could pick up on the chatter to use it to their advantage I guess, but that isn’t my problem to worry about.
- Multiple camera angles to choose from on my big screen TV would be awesome. I have seen some broadcasts that make this available online so the technology must be there with smart TVs.
- The ability to switch the audio of the broadcast team to the radio crew would be great. Some broadcasters can all but ruin a great game with their irritating style. Joe Buck is a prime example.
- I want instant fantasy points to pop up on live games. Some highlight shows do a great job with this. But I am looking for live fantasy updates since I am a junkie.
- Enhance the zooms on plays that can make or break a team depending on the result of the replay. The picture is in high def so you would think these zooms would be much clearer. I have no idea how to make this happen, but I am guessing adding a multitude of small stationary cameras around the field might be a solution.