Quality Web content is the prerequisite condition for the website to be ranked by Google for return search engines. In order to produce quality web content, it is important that there should be clarity. The content should be both SEO and user-friendly. It should target the needs of the readers instead of talking about their own business. It must be noted that the primary function of a search engine is to provide relevant content.
If the content is easy to comprehend then the search engine picks it up by web crawling. Also, the higher the quality of the web content, the higher the ranking, makes it easy to appear in searches. People generally search for either general information on a topic or advanced information or niche. The sites with high-quality content are able to fulfill the needs of both searches.
To build quality web content keep the following points in mind:
1. For a person from a different stream, it becomes difficult to understand the special words used by the professionals. So it is advisable to keep the content jargon-free.
2. Write according to the audience you are targeting in an appropriate style. For example, if you are writing for a particular business house, then a certain degree of sophistication is needed.
3. Finally, structure the content in order of the relevance. Add key points at the beginning of the content whilst details should be added below.
With the recent “Google Panda” algorithm change which focuses on promoting the high ranking content and degenerating the rank of low-quality content. There has been a speculation. For some, it has improved the rankings but for some others, it hasn’t. Furthermore, the ones who have been affected by the recent change, it is advisable that:
· Deliver the best content
· Focus on the Google’s current algorithm
· Get expert writers
· Don’t duplicate
· Provide authentic content
· Provide a complete description of the topic
· Don’t keep the content short and devoid of specifics
· Remove low-quality pages from the website
Another update which hit like a storm is the “Fred Update” targeting to penalize the websites that are full with ads in order to generate revenue making it difficult for the readers to view the content. Although, it is not confirmed yet it seems plausible based on the data provided.
The Bing Ranking algorithm is based on the content quality for ranking web documents. Many of the users turn to Bing for beneficial advice. Little did they know is that they are being advised by non-professionals. In order to enhance their search results by providing high ranking content Bing has a Bing ranking Algorithm which is based on three factors:
The Bing algorithm prefers documents written by professionals based on the evaluation of the page with regard to authority. To determine the authority, it includes signals from social networks, name recognition, cited sources and the identity of the author.
This factor deals with the authentication of the topic. Whether the topic is relevant or not. It further supports the pages with multimedia content.
The presentation of the page matters the most. If a page is well presented then it becomes easy to read and easy to be found.
Furthermore, to write SEO-friendly web copy, it advisable to follow the following checklist to check that whether your website contain high-quality content or not?
Focus on ‘Users’ and not Bots
Focus on the needs of the user. As it has been mentioned that instead of promoting your business, focus on the needs of the user. Provide quality content which is easy to understand. Don’t worry about the ranking. You shouldn’t be focusing on the bots instead focus on your user and the rest will follow.
Usefulness and Relevance
When a user enters a keyword, numerous search result are presented within a fraction of second. But how many of them are relevant? How many of them are purposeful? This is answered by the page ranking. The higher the quality, the higher the ranking. Thus, the most appropriate and relevant page will be provided by the Google to the user. This can only happen if the content is relevant and useful in accordance with the topic.
Influence and Engagement
It always said the “Don’t run around the bushes.” This is applicable to the web content as well. The users are generally in a hurry with no time to spare. If the content is engaging then the user will be captivated. This will influence their loyalty towards your website.
Usability and Findability
If the content is user-friendly as in if it focused on the needs of the user, it is relevant and useful, and it is influential and engaging then it increases the chances to find easily by the user. The only thing which needs to be kept in mind that makes it usable for the common people (a jargon-free) if you aim to target the masses.
Editorial and Informative
Each and every page is different. These must be updated on regular basis. Information which is out-dated does not make your website easily reachable. But if the content is informative and in-depth updating is done on regular basis then it becomes Google-friendly and thus user-friendly.
Things To Avoid In Content
Avoid Grammar Mistakes
Although, it is not a major factor in Google ranking it surely makes a difference. If you’re content have fewer spelling mistakes or fewer grammar mistakes than its chances increases for higher ranking. It is to be kept in mind that Google works majorly on algorithms but recent studies show that it matters to some extent.
It is the ratio of the number of times keywords appear on the page and the number of the words. This number changes with every algorithm update.
A search term is the made-up combination of keywords. It refers to the distance between the search term’s individual keywords. The smaller the distance between the keywords, the relevant is the search.
As the word suggests, it refers to the prominence of the keywords within the prominent elements of the web page. Majorly, how near to the beginning of the page the title, heading, and meta-heading are placed. Put the most important keywords at the beginning of the content. Also, end it with prominent and appropriate keywords.
How to Improve Web Content in 2019
* Write on Topics and not Keywords It is important that, first, you work on the content. See if it fulfills the need of the topic. Whether or not the information is relevant to the topic. Remember only good quality content can generate a higher ranking. If the topic discussed in-depth is relevant then the keywords will naturally match.
* You Forget about Keyword Research and SEO Write for your audience and know your audience before writing. Search for appropriate keywords that cover your audience, This will help the organic reach of your site. Useful content with relevant quality content naturally incorporates the keywords in accordance with the title.
* Don’t Over-optimize Content for SEO Over-optimized content can give poor results. Remember that you are writing for people and not the bots. So write content which can be appreciated by the people and it will gain you SEO benefits, organically as well as indirectly.
* Do not Skip Internal and External links Adding external links provides an in-depth study of your content. It helps the user to not to wander off for a particular stuff that he read on your website. Eventually, the user will end up reading another site and thus he wanders. So by providing links, you enable the user to return to your web page after they read that particular piece on the other tab.
* Add Visual Content Adding visual content gives your site a competitive end. It makes the page more interactive. This may include videos, audios, pictures, infographics, maps, and slideshows. Also, long and short videos explaining the content.
Final Checklist to stay on right track for writing SEO-friendly content For Google
* Google friendly
* High-quality content
* Avoid grammar mistakes
* Keep it jargon-free
* Structure of the content
* Keyword relevance
* Add Internal and External links
* Add multimedia
* Avoid Over-optimization
* Clear and Accurate
Keep these notes in mind when creating content and doing SEO work.