How To Italicize In Discord?
Discord is an all-in-one voice and text chat for gamers who can chat with each other, it’s free, secure, and works both on phones and desktop.
Discord uses Markdown that is a simple easy text formatting system which helps us make our sentences stand out. Markdown was originally created in 2004 by John Gruber and Aaron Swartz. Just by adding a few characters before and after the desired text to change the text format. It’s completely text-based and uses symbols to format words in bold, italics, underlined, etc.
So its used in most of the formatting software to convert plain text into rich looking format. Discord developers brought it into the core software because of its simplicity.
So in this article, we are going to see how to italicize text in Discord. Read on the article further to know the same.
Discord chat formatting system “Markdown Text” has two methods to make text in italics. Few discord bots alter the formatting depending on their functions. If you want to get more formatting options, you can try some bots that stylize the texts.
Discord Text Formating
How to Italicize text in Discord
1. Simply quote your messages with asterisks (*). For example, like this, *the text which you want to appear in italics*
2. Or else you can even use underscores instead of asterisks (‘_’). Like this, _ the text which you want to appear in italics_ The application not only supports Markdown text but it also supports “Code Blocks”.
* You can make your own code blocks by adding back ticks to your text (‘).
* To create multiline code blocks you can use three back ticks (”’).
* You can use a specific Lang for syntax highlighting to spruce up your code blocks.
* Discord’s syntax highlighting support different languages in place of markdown that has its own approach highlight-able syntax.
How to Bold Text in Discord
For creating bolded text, all you have to do is just start and end up the bolded text with two asterisks (**). The asterisk is SHIFT+8 on your keyboard. Just add two asterisks before and after the text to make it bold.
E.g. – Here’s an example of **bolded text**.
How to Create Bold+ Italicized Text in Discord
Here just use three asterisks. One for bold text another two for italic and finally overall three asterisks (***) for both bold and italic messages
E.g. – Here’s an example of ***bold italicized text***.
How to Underline Text in Discord
To underline your text, we need to use two underscores (__).
E.g. – Here’s an example of __underlined text__
How to Create Strikethrough Text in Discord
Use the tilde (~) symbol for the strikethrough formatting. Two tildes can strike through or cross out the text you type. You have to hit SHIFT + ~ key to strikethrough.
E.g. – Here’s an example of ~~crossed out~~ text
There are various other ways to use underline along with italics, bold etc.
* Underlined and Italicized Text
For this you can use one asterisk and underscore. E.g.__*underlined and italicized text*__
* Underlined and Bolded Text
For this you can use two asterisks and underscore. E.g. __**underlined and bolded text**__
* Underlined, Italicized, and Bolded Text
For this you can use three asterisks and underscore. E.g. __***underlined, italicized, and bolded text***_
Single Line Code Blocks in Discord
To create a single line code block, all you have to do is put a single back tick before and after your text.
E.g. – `a single line code block’.
Multiline Code Blocks in Discord
This is same as the single line code block but the only difference is you have to use three back ticks before and after the text which you want to format.
E.g. – “`Experimenting code blocks! “`.
Hope you got what you were looking for. This will surely help you italicize your text in Discord. Comment down your thoughts if you have any other way to do the same.