Trundle beds are a kind of floor beds on wheels. Trundle beds are low-wheeled and can be slide under a twin or single bed. They are often used as an extra bed when one might have a company. Pop-up trundle beds can be pulled up to the regular bed’s height, side-by-side, and make it into a big double-sized bed.
Contrary to popular belief, there are trundle beds for adults and can be slept on comfortably. It can hold up to 225 lbs. You could use a trundle bed as an extra bed for when you might have guests. This will allow you to have an extra bed without taking up extra space.
Trundle Beds Features
When you decided to buy a trundle bed, do not forget to make a list of qualities you must be looking for in the bed. Here is a list of quality features you could look into while buying trundle beds.
- Material of frame and slat
- Ease of Assembly
- Storage space
- Safety Locks
Best Trundle Beds for Adults
If you are looking into buying a trundle bed, then check out the list below for some of the best trundle beds for adults.
- Zinus Eden Twin Daybed and Trundle Set
- Little Seeds Ambrosia Diamond Tufted Daybed and Trundle Set
- DHP Tokyo Daybed and Trundle Bed with Metal Frame
- DHP Manila Metal Framed Daybed with Trundle
- Zinus Suzanne Twin Daybed and Trundle Frame Set
Best Pop Up Trundle Beds for Adults
If you are looking into buying a pop-up trundle bed, then check out the list below for some of the best pop-up trundle beds.
- Metal Pop Up Trundle by King’s Brand
- Leggett & Platt Pop-up Trundle Bed Frame
- Black Metal Day bed by King\s Brand
- Matte Black/Walnut Doral Complete Metal Daybed by Fashion Bed Group
- Leggett & Platt Mission Complete Wood Daybed (Espresso)
- Dark Metal Day and Trundle bed by Dream Solutions
Best Trundle Beds for Kids
If you are looking into buying a trundle bed for your children, then check out the list below for some of the best trundle beds for kids.
- Avery Corner Bed with Trundle by Standard Furniture
- Cambridge Full Size Bookcase Captain’s Day Bed with Trundle by Discovery World Furniture
- Stanford Captain’s Trundle Bed White by Home Elegance
- Brooklyn Full Size Trundle Bed Natural Maple by Atlantic Furniture
- Westport Gray Twin Bookcase Captain’s Trundle Bed by Discovery World Furniture
- Honey Full Size Bookcase Captain’s Day Bed with Trundle by Discovery World Furniture
Best Mattresses for Trundle Beds
One of the essential things you will have to buy while buying trundle beds is the mattress for it. Given below are some of the best mattresses you will find for trundle beds.
- DreamFoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams TriZone Mattress
- Eurodomo 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean
- Signature Sleep Memoir 6 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- Linenspa 8
- Zinus Memory Foam 5 Inch Bunk Bed Mattress
- Signature Sleep Essential 6 Inch Coil Mattress
Advantages of Trundle Beds
Below discussed are some advantages of owning a trundle bed.
- If you have lack space at your house, then a trundle bed is a suitable investment. It will save up floor space.
- It will be a two-beds-in-one situation.
- Easy and comfortable to use.
- If it is a pop-up trundle bed, you can pull it up to the regular bed’s height.
Disadvantages of Trundle Beds
Below discussed are some disadvantages of owning a trundle bed.
- Initially, while you are setting up the bed, it will be more challenging to assemble than regular beds.
- You will need a specialized mattress for your trundle bed.
- If you do not use the trundle bed, then the mattress and the bed, in general, will not get ventilation resulting in molds and damages.
- It cannot be used if the area you live in is humid as it cannot be ventilated.
- Frames of trundle beds fall on the more expensive price range.
Trundle beds will not open up your home more and make it more spacious but will also help you entertain more overnight guests. They will also be great for the children’s room and living room if you look for more aesthetic.