How to Turn your Laptop into Wi-Fi Hotspot using Dongle on Windows
Yesterday, regular reader of Nerdsmagazine sent me a message asking “ If it’s possible to create a WIFI hotspot using the dongle on my laptop with Windows 8 so that the Wii can connect to that? ”. When I tried to get more deeper inside this topic I found that this is a very common question over the web. And users who users who are looking answer for this question are getting scammed, ads and stupid answers.
But after searching a lot about this I found a very simple and easy to answer to this question i.e. Connectify Hotspot Pro. And below in this article I’m going to share with you what is Connectify? And how you can use Connectify for using your Dongle as WIFI hotspot. So lets we start with
What is Connectify
It’s an amazing PC software that lets you use multiple Internet connections simultaneously for their combined speed and reliability. Using this software you can use any combination of available networks for faster web browsing, downloads, and much more. In simple, this easy to use software to turn your Windows laptop into a secure Wi-Fi hotspot to share the Internet with friends, co-workers, and mobile devices. But you Purchase Connectify Hotspot PRO today, and take advantage of the full set of features, including 3G or 4G Internet connection sharing, repeater / Wi-Fi boost functionality, custom hotspot names, and much more.
But if don’t want to buy this Pro version of Connectify Hotspot PRO, then you can search for some torrent website to grab a version version of this software. So now you got the software installed on your laptop or desktop. It’s time to turn your PC or laptop into a real Wi-Fi Hotspot using a dongle. To make that thing happen follow below the tutorial
1. Click on the Connectify logo in the Notification Tray.
2. Select the Internet connection you wish to share (or, with Connectify PRO, simply choose ‘Automatic’ for Automatic Internet Sharing) .Also shown below
3. Choose a name for your new wireless network.
4. Choose a wireless password.
5. If the Mode box is visible, select “Access Point” if it is on the menu, otherwise, use “Ad Hoc”..
6. Press the “Start Hotspot” button to turn on your wireless network.
And that’s it your, you have successfully created WIFI hotspot using the dongle on your Laptop. Using this you will get lots of advantages some of them are listed below
1. You can create a Wi-Fi hotspot from your PC/ Laptop in an instant.
2. Connect and sync your WIFI enabled device without using any cords, Bluetooth, or Wireless router.
3. Start your home network to share files and printers without using a router.
So give try to this amazing software and share your experience with us. If you face any problem or any query regarding this tutorial please share with me.