Install Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy Ace [CynogenMod 9]
Easy tutorial to install Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with help of CyanogenMod 9 Firmware Rom.
Daily we get lots of tutorials to update older android version to recent android version. And in this article I will show How to install Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy S5830. We all know that Samsung Galaxy Ace is one of the best android mobile under a range of 15k with amazing display, cool camera features and lots more. But the bad thing is that Samsung decided not to provide an Official Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade to its best selling phone, the Galaxy Ace
But we all know that when there is a problem we always have a solution and this time solution is CyanogenMod with their CM9 ROM based on Android 4.0.4. CyanogenMod 9 for the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is unofficial, but it’s still worth trying. This firmware is still in beta stage, but it is reportedly stable enough for daily use.
One thing which is great about this Rom is that every feature in this build is working perfectly, but still developers noted some features which are problems which are listed below:
- Camera Not Working
- Radio doesn’t work
- Compass not working
- Live Wallpaper not playing or loading
- Lag in video playback
- No SIM contacts
- Vocal functionality
- Signal Bars
And the developer is making every possible effort to make this ROM work ideally. But users who can’t wait for ideal working CM9 ROM for their Galaxy Ace can try this.
What are the advantages of Using this Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Ace
- Firmware is much faster than the original one.
- Improvement in the battery performance.
- Issues about flickering have been reduced.
- Phone. epic is already fixed, library, audio files is now updated
- CyanogenMod 9 animation is also now perfectly working
- No more force close errors
- The browser is now working with full GPU acceleration
- The bonus is that developer added Cyanogen music player and more
- ICS keyboard Games.
- CyanogenMod settings
Requirement to install CM9 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace
So if you are interested to install this Custom ROM on your Android mobile then make sure to fulfill below requirement to proceed further
- Your Samsung Galaxy Ace Should be rooted and run at least android 2.3.6 [If your device is not rooted than you have to root it first read here for full tutorial]
- Make backup of all your data which include call logs, SMS, contacts, files, bookmarks and Internet settings.
- Make sure you have the latest version of android firmware installed on your Smartphone.
- This update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Smartphone not any other version.
- Disable and uninstall Antivirus from because it will create problem in updating process.
- Please make sure that you have more than 80 % battery life left on your phone.
Disclaimer: Since this is a custom ROM, users should understand that they are proceeding with this update on their own risk. Neither developer nor we would be held responsible.
Install an Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Procedure
1. First of all download Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 Package File for Samsung Galaxy S5830. From below are provided link
Download : https://galaxyics.com/
2. Now connect your phone to your PC and copy the CyanogenMod package file to the SD card of your device.
3. Now disconnect your phone from your PC.
3. After that turn off your phone and put it into recovery mode by holding down the Menu button and pressing the Power button.
4. When you are in recovery menu do a full wipe as follows:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Wipe a cache partition.
- Select Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache.
5. After that while in recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” then “choose a zip from SD card”.
6. Choose the CyanogenMod 9 package file that you copied to the phone.
7. Confirm the installation and wait for it to complete.
8. Return to main recovery menu.
9. Select Reboot system now.
You are done!! Enjoy you have successfully installed Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830