If you are proud owner of Samsung Galaxy Ace and waiting for an official jelly Bean update ( which is 200 % impossible) for your device by developers, then don’t miss to read this article. Because this article will give you answer of some question which is very common in different android forum and specially on xda.forum.developers i.e.
- When I will get Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy Ace?
- How to update Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace?
- How to Install Stable CynogenMod 10.1 ROMs on Samsung Galaxy Ace?
If you are looking for answers to these questions or related to them, then in upcoming lines you are going to read about it. But before we start lets we have little sneak peak about this amazing Smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Ace is one of the successful Android Smartphone in the lower mid range segment. It generated lots of heat when this Smartphone made his first step into android market. But now this Smartphone is loosing its value, because this device did not get official updates for latest ROM like an ice cream sandwich and jelly beans. But thanks to CyanogenMod team who has released CyanogenMod 10.1 OldDroid stable build for your Galaxy Ace Smartphone.
So, guys are you ready to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CynogenMod 10.1 ROMs on Samsung Galaxy Ace. But before following below tutorial don’t forget to read the Disclaimer and Instruction.
- Your warranty is now void.
- I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards.
- Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
- Before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
- Before you start following this tutorial, you can sync your contacts with Gmail account, or you can read How to backup Android apps, contacts and messages in your Galaxy Ace
- Make Sure your phone is running on Android Gingerbread 2.3.X and ROOTED.
1. First of all download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Galaxy Ace S5830 OldDroid stable build
2. Copy the zip file to SD card.
4. Switch off your phone and restart it to ClockWorkMod 5 by pressing home+power button
5. Now in the list of options, firstly Wipe data/Factory reset and select yes.
6. After that, Wipe cache partition and select yes.
7. Now go to advance, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and select yes.
8. Install Zip from SD card, select the zip and click yes.
9. Select main menu and reboot your phone.
10. And wait around 2-3 minutes, as its your first boot after flash, so it can take more time.
Snapshot of ROM
Features perfectly working on this ROM
- RIL (Data/Phone/Sms/Mic)
- 3D Acceleration
- YouTube LQ/HQ
- Lockscreen Widgets
- Project Butter
- USB Tethering
- WiFi Tethering
- Full HW/SW Encoding/Decoding
- CM10(.1) Themes
- Video Player
- Added OD Rom Control (basically for new features)
- Probably fixed Audio Routing (Thanks to erikcas)
- Kernel Linaro Optimized (I know it does not bring anything new, but ok
- Update CM Sources
- Better battery life & GPs
- Improved stability (Thanks erikcas)
- Added Toggle to Advanced Reboot Option in Developing Settings
- Reworked some layout parts
- Improved adb & USB
You might face quick battery drain after installing this ROM, but you can use some android app available at Google Play to save juice of your battery, Else you might love to read about How to Optimize and Improve Android Battery life
For me almost everything is working perfectly fine till now, so follow the guide correctly, enjoy the ROM, I’m sure that your device will not damage;) But you still face any difficulty feel free to ask from me. Also don’t forget to share your opinion with us about this ROM.