If you have recently installed CyanogenMod on your Samsung Galaxy Ace and when you tried to restore all your contact which is backed up on your SD card it won’t work. Now this is a big problem for those who have more than 600+ contacts saved in that file. It’s not possible to type all one by one but it will take a month or more.
Now in that condition what you can do is connect your Smartphone with kies and install your contact from there. But I also heard that users who had flashed CyanogenMode 7.0 + in Samsung galaxy ace (GT-5830) and other devices, your USB tether option is not working. Your phone is detected by PC only when you check the USB debugging mode. This may be due to answer given below
Why tether option not working after flashing CyanogenMode 7.0
ROMs like CyanogenMod and others by no means are complete. They are always under major refactoring and between minor revisions major functionality may be broken.
The problem can also be related to the kernel you are using. The kernel is different than the ROM. The ROM is built on top of kernel meaning that kernel part covers the more low-level functionality. If the kernel you are using does not support some functionality about USB bus, then you can still have problems although the ROM has no bugs.
So above we discussed about the why tether option not working, but this article is about restoring contacts which you are not able to restore after flashing CyanogenMode 7.0,7.2 or 7.3 on your Android device. But not to worry because below we are going to share with you a perfectly working way using which you can restore contact from KIES to cyanogenMode7 just by doing minor tweak. So if you are ready to put your hand in then follow the procedure
1. First of all open Samsung Kies PC Suite on your PC/Laptop
2. After that click on contact shown on screen at the left side of your screen.
3. Now open the recently saves contact file which is saved in contact.Spb format.
4. Here check all contacts and click on save as file option at top of screen.
5. Now change the file name from .Spb to .Vcf and hit save.
Note: Make sure to save these files in a particular folder
6. After that copy that folder into your SD card.
7. When you get the file in your SD card open your contact folder and open import/export option just pressing Home Eye on the left side of the menu button.
8. This will give your fours option, choose import contact from SD card and then, phone unsynced option.
9. After that wait for a few seconds and guess what your mobile will start importing all your contacts or Vcard.
Note: Above tutorial will help only if your contact are already saved in KIES.
I’m sure this will surely help you to restore contact if, USB tethering not working after installing CyanogenMod 7.2 on Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-5830). But still if you face any difficulty following these steps feel free to ask just by dropping your valuable comment below. Also if you feel that this tutorial really help you don’t forget to share your opinion with us.