How To Use Twitter To Engage With Your Audience

Personal branding is a great way to promote your business, product or website. If you have spent any time looking into marketing campaigns, you have likely heard about personal branding. Using social media outlets are a perfect way to build your brand.

twitter

Each outlet can be used in a different way to brand yourself. Facebook is great to share pictures and get your face out to your audience. Twitter on the other hand, is a great place you can engage with your audience.

How to Use Twitter to Engage With Your Audience

Twitter is a beast of a social media platform. It is full of people that are looking for interesting and quick information that they can check out and share with others. Each tweet can only be 140 characters, which means you only have to create one powerful sentence.

This platform is a great way to engage with your audience. There are the things you will need to do if you want to be successful. You’ll have to be diligent with these steps. It takes almost daily interaction to get the traction you need.

Use the 80/20 Rule

When it comes to Twitter, you need to do a fair amount of tweets in a day. However, your tweets shouldn’t just be your thoughts. It is really important that you re-tweet others…a lot.

Use the 80/20 rule when it comes to your tweets. It means that 80% of the time you will re-tweet other people’s information. That leaves 20% for your personal thoughts and content.

This is an important step when it comes to engaging with your followers. Not only is it a good way to engage with them, but it is a good way to have your stuff re-tweeted. You will find that people are generous to those that are generous.

Make Sure Your Tweets Are Valuable

While it is important that you re-tweet others, you need to be sure that the content is worth the share. Stay true to yourself and share things that you agree with.

Keep Your Posts Honorable

Be sure that you really think about what you are about to post. There have been plenty of high profile people that have said things they regretted later on. It is better to play it safe and think twice before saying something.

That is not to say you shouldn’t be real and share your feelings. However, keep in mind that there are always tactful ways to say what you are thinking without destroying others.

Respond to Everything and Engage Others

If someone tweets at you, be sure you respond. When people re-tweet you, take time to thank them. While you are small, thank people for following you.

To engage others, you should tweet at them. Tweet directly at your followers with engaging questions or thoughts. This is good way to get conversations started and talk with followers.

Tweet Throughout the Day

Make sure your followers see your tweets by sending out information all throughout the day. This will ensure that your followers will see what you have to say. Twitter has a real time feed that updates in the order that people you follow post.

By using this platform, you can engage with your audience in a way that is personal. You can show your followers your values and things that are important to you.

email

Keelie Reason

Romantically in love and married to her high school sweetheart, she and her husband raise three boys in the deep south. Completely addicted to blogging and sharing with the world around her.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *